Here are some more resources to help keep your money and your family safe. If you know of more consumer resources that can help others, please use the form below to send us a heads up.
- Colorado's No-Call List site: http://www.coloradonocall.com/
- National No-Call List site: http://www.donotcall.gov
Moving Companies - US Department of Transportation
Make sure your moving company is licensed with the DOT. Always ask the mover for his DOT number; to check his record call the nearest DOT office. If they give you ANY grief about this - DO NOT hire them!!!!
To assist consumers moving across State lines (Interstate), FMCSA has developed a special section of their Web site. If you experience a problem with your mover, you can file a complaint by calling FMCSA's 24-hour toll-free hotline (888) 368-7238 or online at www.1-888-dot-saft.com.
Checking Out A Charity or Non-Profit Agency:
- Charitywatch.org (American Institute of Philanthropy)
- Charity Navigator (America's premiere independent charity evaluator)
- GuideStar (national database of U.S. charitable organizations)
- Give.org (BBB Wise Giving Alliance)
Colorado, as well as most other states is fortunate to have television and radio stations that feature consumer beats. They can be very effective ways to resolve issues between consumers and companies without having to go to small claims court.
- The Troubleshooter & The Referral List
- Tom Martino is featured on KOA radio, syndicated nationally. Tom Martino’s Referral List is Colorado most utilized and respected list of reliable merchants, contractors, service providers and local independent retailers. Troubleshooter Tom Martino is dedicated to helping consumers. He fights rip-offs, cheats and shady business and usually gets pretty good results.
- The Investigators
- I-Team & 9 Wants to Know
- Deborah Sherman heads the investigative team at 9 News.
- If you have consumer resources you would like to suggest, please contact usvia our contact page, and we will review them.